Ginataang Manok Recipe
Usapang Ginataang Manok Recipe tayo mga Ka-Foodtrip! Thank you sa ating KusiNegro Pareng Butoy for this recipe! Please like his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/parengbutoyy
Ginataang Manok is a chicken stewed in coconut milk together with green papaya and vegetable greens like Dahon ng sili, Malunggay, basta green ediwup yan!
But for this recipe we’ll be using PETCHAY.
Parang Tinola o Pininyahang Manok ang process of cooking nito but instead of tubig or chicken stock, ang gagamitin natin ay coconut milk o sa mga beterano KAKANG GATA.
Also, it has lots of ginger as that gives the zing as well as the fresh taste that cuts well with the creamy coconut milk or kakang gata.
Wag na nating patagalin, TARA FOODTRIP!
Here’s some recipe tips on cooking Ginataang Manok
- Cut chicken in uniform size to ensure even cooking.
- The recipe calls for whole chicken but any choice parts such as wings or thighs will do. You can also substitute boneless meat for ease of prep, although bone-in delivers the most flavor.
- For a smooth consistency, simmer and do not boil the coconut milk as it might curdle or separate in high heat cooking.
- Pan-fry the potatoes to keep from falling apart when finished off in the sauce.
- If you want to temper the heat, scrape off the seeds and veins of the chili peppers
You may be interested in trying out these Filipino chicken dishes:
- PININYAHANG MANOK RECIPE
- CHICKEN PASTIL RECIPE AND ORIGIN
- FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN AFRITADA RECIPE
- HOW TO COOK YUMMY CORDON BLEU
- FILIPINO CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
Ginataang Manok Recipe by Pareng Butoy
- 1 whole (3 to 4 pounds) whole chicken, cut into parts
- Medium Papaya 1/2 kg – peeled and quartered
- 400 grams Pechay 3 tali
- 1/2 Kilo Kakang Gata or Coconut Milk
- 1-2 thumb-size ginger, peeled and julienned
- 2 pcs Garlic minced
- 2 pcs Onion
- Fish Sauce or Patis
- Salt and Pepper
- In a pot, add oil then sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the chicken and cook until brown.
- Add Fish Sauce or Patis for taste
- Add green papaya, then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the half of coconut milk then bring it to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- After 15mins add the other half of coconut milk. Simmer again on low heat for a few minutes
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add the Petchay. Simmer it for a few minutes.
- Add ka ring ng Love & Care. Then Serve it!